I want to welcome all students and parents to my math classes. I have
listed the following information to assist parents in ensuring their child
performs well in math class:
1. Ensure that your student arrives to math class prepared with the
necessary materials each and every day, including their book, spiral
calculator, pencil, homework and their assignment notebook.
2. While I do attempt to ask each student an individual question during
each class period, please ensure that your child participates in class by asking questions
when he or she has them. Participating in class, answering questions and
completing problems at the board, when asked, is required of students.
3. Ensure that your student utilizes the opportunities available for
extra help, including during study hall and after school.
4. A major factor of success in a math class is consistent, thorough
completion of homework assignments, including showing all work. Please
ensure that your student completes all of the assigned problems every time
homework is assigned. If your student is having difficulty with an
assignment, they should at least attempt to complete all of the problems.
All work must be shown to get credit for an assignment.
5. You can visit our team website to check what homework was assigned
for the day. Even though homework is posted online, students should be
writing down all of their homework assignments in their assignment notebook,
whether or not they finish it in class or study hall.
6. If time is provided in class for students to work on
homework, they must use the time to work on their math assignment
only. They cannot use that time to complete other work.
7. Homework is accepted up to one day late for half-credit.
8. When a student is absent, they will have the same number
of days that they were absent to turn in any homework and take any
tests. Please note that if, for example, a student is present
on a Monday, is absent Tuesday and Wednesday, and returns on
Thursday, any work, quiz or test that due or taken on Tuesday (the
first day they were absent) must be turned in and/or taken on
Thursday (the first day they return). The student cannot wait
until Friday to hand in work or take a test that was due and/or
taken on Tuesday. If a student is absent only on the day
before a previously announced quiz or test, the student must take
the test on the day they return.
9. Utilize the online gradebook resource to keep track of your
student's grade and attendance. Grades are inputted on a daily basis.
This means that your child's grade can and will change daily.